Type of Visa
- Business Visa
- Conference Visa
- Employment Visa
- Journalist Visa
- Medical Visa
- Student Visa
- Tourist Visa
- Transit Visa
- Pakistani Nationals Visit Visa
Visa Application Submission Type
Visa Application Process
Kindly refer to the details provided in Types of Visa section for a better understanding of visa types. Applications once submitted cannot be changed and any fees are not refundable. If during the application process it is found that the actual need of application was concealed, the application will be rejected without refund of fees.
Make arrangements to have the necessary Documents Required as per the supporting documents under Documents Required section. Attach all supporting documents required as per this list. Make sure your application is complete. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
Fill your Application Form
Complete the Online Indian Visa Application Form (IVFRT). All applicants are requested to exercise due care while filing the Online Indian Visa Application Form (IVFRT). In case of any mistakes, Applicants are requested to fill the form again. Application Form can also be filled at the Application Center with the help of a staff by paying a nominal fee.
Submit your Application
Submit application form duly signed along with 1 recent photograph (recent, coloured, sized 4 inches x 4 inches, with white / light background) and relevant documents supporting the type of visa service being applied for. The photograph must be clear and not scanned.
Application Processing, Payment of Fees & Service Charges
Once you have checked in at our welcome desk, please collect your token number. You will be directed to a counter where our customer service officer will verify the presence and compliance of all of your required documentation. If the Application Form or any supporting document is incomplete, you will be given a follow-up form indicating which documents are missing. Under such circumstance, you will be requested to complete the same and re-submit your application. If your application is in order, please proceed to make payment towards the applicable Fees & Service Charges. Collect your Invoice come Receipt against application submitted, which needs to be presented at the time of passport collection.
Track your Application
You can track the status of your application through our website link Track your Application.. Kindly key in your Tracking Id (as mentioned on your Payment Receipt) or Passport number for verification purpose to avail information on progress made towards your application.
You can also call on our helpline number or email us to know the status of your application.
Once your visa application has been processed by the Embassy of India and received by us, an email notification is sent informing you to come and collect your passport from India Passport and Visa Application Center. It is recommended that you choose to have your passport returned to you through courier service as this will eliminate the need for you to come and collect in person.
Collect your Passport
If you have opted for Courier Value Added Service, your passport will be delivered to your to designated address of choice.
To collect your passport physically, please visit our Application Center with your Invoice come Receipt assigned at the time of submission of your application.
If you wish to designate a representative to collect your passport, then under such situation your representative should bring a written authorization letter signed by you, along-with your Invoice come Receipt, and an original copy of their own photographic ID, such as a passport or driving license. Once your application process is complete, all of your records will get automatically purged from our servers.
General Guidelines for Visa
All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document with a minimum remaining validity of six months in the form of a national passport or any other internationally recognized travel document like UN Laissez Faire for establishing his / her nationality with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad. Nationals of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives are however, exempted from this requirement.
Please ensure the following while submitting your application.
- Passport should be valid for a minimum period of six months beyond the date of intended departure from India and should have at least two blank pages. Fee once paid is not refundable.
- Applicants may log on to the Public portal at www.indianvisaonline.gov.in. After successful on-line submission, the hard copy, so generated, has to be signed by the applicant and submitted with supporting documents in accordance with the type of visa along with the applicable fee in cash at any of the outsource centres.
- It is essential that applicants fill in their personal details as exactly available in their passports. Mismatch of any of the personal details would lead to non-acceptance of the application. Fees once paid are non-refundable. All children would have to obtain separate visa on their respective passports.
- Passport in original and photocopy of the first five pages, visa page and address page to be submitted.
- Copy of Residence Proof / ID card issued by Kuwait Government. Paste one photo with white background of the size 35mm X 45mm and staple another on the application form.
- The application form should be filled in English only and ensure that all columns are filled neatly and correctly. Incomplete applications and those which lack details will be summarily rejected.
- Special Visa application forms should be filled in by citizens of Pakistan (3 copies with 3 photos).
- Each visa application is considered on its merits and may ask for additional information at any stage during the processing of the application. Submission of application along with prescribed fee does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Applicants who are not residents of Kuwait and hold a tourist visa for Kuwait should normally apply for Indian visas in the countries of their permanent residence. In case of emergency or special circumstances, an application could be made at the Embassy with documents requiring him / her Indian visa. In addition to the relevant visa fee, they should remit an additional KD 6.000 for reference to be made to the country of their original residence. The processing time in such cases is usually 6-7 working days.
- Visa is given for a period for which passport is valid. For example, if a passport is valid until April 30, 2017 and an applicant is applying for 5 years visa on Oct. 31, 2014, the applicant will not be issued a 5 years visa as the passport expires before the 5 years visa.
- Validity of all visas is counted from the date of the issue of visa and not from the date of entry into India.
- The Embassy may ask for additional documents, if needed, while processing the application for visa.
- Registration with the concerned FRRO / FRO is compulsory within 14 days of first arrival in India if such an endorsement appears on the visa.
- Diplomatic / Official and Special Kuwaiti Passport visa applications will continue to be received at the Embassy as per the established procedure.
- Indian-Citizenship and PIO related enquiries will be handled at the Embassy telephonically or in person and then applications may be submitted at the Embassy.
- Visa Application Process
- Type of Visa
- Documents Required
- FAQs on Visa
- Value Added Services
- Track My Application
- CKGS Application Centers
- Holiday List
- Oct 02, Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday / Al Hijra(Islamic New Year)
- Oct 11, Dussehra
- General Information