FAQs on VisaAll foreign nationals, including children, require a valid visa to enter India. Please do not finalize your travel arrangements to India before ascertaining the visa requirements.
- Q1. Do I need a visa to go to India?
Yes, all foreigners except for nationals of Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives, need a visa to enter India. With regard to Maldives' nationals, a visa is required if intended stay in India for longer than 90 days.
- Q2. Can I get a visa to enter India on arrival?
No, you must obtain a visa prior to taking a flight to India. Visa cannot be obtained on arrival in India and immigration authorities will not permit any foreigner to enter India without a visa.
- Q3. I wish to visit India for tourism. Which visa should I apply for?
You should apply for a Tourist Visa.
- Q4. What are the requirements for obtaining visa?
All applicants are required to apply in the prescribed visa application form along with two passport size photographs, passport in original, flight details / itinerary and the prescribed fee. Passport must be valid for a minimum period of six months and in cases of long term visas, at least till the duration of the visa requested for. For business visa, kindly provide an invitation letter from the Indian company.
Visa applications of persons not residing in Kuwait for a period of over 3 yrs or from people of Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan origin and from select countries may take longer time. Pakistani and Bangladeshi nationals are required to file special visa application forms.
Visa Section will contact the applicant about the time of delivery for such passports. Please note that each application is examined individually and the time taken for issuing visas may vary from case to case.
Specific visas are granted for a variety of purposes. The principal types of visas issued are Tourist Visa, Business visa, Student visa, employment visa and visit visa. Please contact the Embassy of India for further details if you are visiting India for purposes other than the above mentioned reasons such as journalism, conferences, medical treatment, voluntary work, expedition or others. The visa application form is, however, the same.
- Q5. How to pay the required visa fee?
Payment of visa fee is accepted in cash only.
- Q6. What documents are required from the Embassy of India, Kuwait to enable me to apply for a visit / residence visa for my family member?
To apply for a visit / residence visa for any of your family member, Kuwait Immigration needs the following documents duly attested by the Embassy of India, Kuwait
- Marriage certificate (incase of spouse)
- Birth certificate (incase of children)
- Death certificate (incase of parents)
Personal presence of the applicant along with the valid passport in original with photocopy (first / last and valid visa page).
- Q7. I have to go for internship / training in a University / institute / Company in India for a short period. Which visa should I apply for?
You should apply for an Entry Visa along with a copy of the offer letter stating the terms of internship. You may also be required to submit a copy of inter-university student exchange agreement if the proposed internship is a component of such agreement. You would be required to submit proof of financial standing to support your stay in India.
- Q8. I applied for a visa for India but I have changed my mind about going to India. Can I claim a refund of visa fee?
Visa fees are non-refundable once the visa application is accepted and cannot be refunded even if the visa is refused / not granted.
Service charges are also non-refundable even if the visa is refused / not granted.
- Q9. Do I have to submit my passport and visa application with the Indian Passport & Visa Service Centre only?
Yes, However Diplomats and officials of foreign diplomatic Mission, UN and other international organization personnel who are eligible for Visa on "Gratis" basis must submit their visa application directly to the Embassy of India, Kuwait.
- Visa Application Process
- Type of Visa
- Documents Required
- FAQs on Visa
- Value Added Services
- Track My Application
- CKGS Application Centers
- Holiday List
- Jan 26, Republic Day
- Feb 25, National Day of Kuwait
- General Information