Passport Application Submission Type
Kindly refer to the details provided in Step 2 –“Documents Required” and Step 3- “Fill your application Form” links for a better understanding of passport services. Applications once submitted cannot be changed and any fees paid are not refundable. If during the application process it is found that the actual need of application was concealed, the application will be rejected without refund of fees.
Make arrangements to have the necessary Documents Required as per the supporting documents under Documents Required section. Attach all supporting documents required as per this list. Make sure your application is complete. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
Fill your Application Form
Download the Application Form as available under Download Forms section for the type of passport service as per your need. Application Form can also be filled at the Application Center with the help of a staff by paying a nominal fee.
Submit your Application
Submit application form duly signed along with recent photograph (recent, coloured, sized 4 inches x 4 inches, with white / light background) and relevant documents supporting the type of passport service being applied for. The photograph must be clear and not scanned. Details of the documents required is available in the ‘Fees, Forms, Documents Required’ section of Passport.
Application Processing, Payment of Fees & Service Charges
Once you have checked in at our welcome desk, please collect your token number. You will be directed to a counter where our customer service officer will verify the presence and compliance of all of your required documentation. If the Application Form or any supporting document is incomplete, you will be given a follow-up form indicating which documents are missing. Under such circumstance, you will be requested to complete the same and re-submit your application. If your application is in order, please proceed to make payment towards the applicable Fees & Service Charges. Collect your Invoice come Receipt against application submitted, which needs to be presented at the time of passport collection.
Track your Application
You can track the status of your application through our website link Track your Application. Kindly key in your Tracking Id (as mentioned on your Payment Receipt) for verification purpose to avail information on progress made towards your application.
You can also call on our helpline number or email us to know the status of your application.
Once your passport application has been processed by the Embassy of India and received by us, an email notification is sent informing you to come and collect your passport from India Passport and Visa Application Center. It is recommended that you choose to have your passport returned to you through courier service as this will eliminate the need for you to come and collect in person.
Collect your Passport
If you have opted for Courier Value Added Service, your passport will be delivered to your to designated address of choice.
To collect your passport physically, please visit our Application Center with your Invoice come Receipt assigned at the time of submission of your application.
If you wish to designate a representative to collect your passport, then under such situation your representative should bring a written authorization letter signed by you, along-with your Invoice come Receipt, and an original copy of their own photographic ID, such as a passport or driving license. Once your application process is complete, all of your records will get automatically purged from our servers.
General Guidelines for Passport
All applicants should submit the application form in person for identification or the documents should be verified by CKGS-Kuwait authorized by the Embassy. Even minors and new born babies are required to be present while applying.
- An ordinary passport is valid for ten years from the date of issue. However, the Passport Issuing Authority (PIA) can issue passport even for a shorter duration. If the passport is issued for a short period for any reason, it can be renewed up to a maximum period of ten years without paying any additional fee. Minors are issued passports for 5 years or up to attaining 18 years, whichever is earlier.
- In case the current passport is issued by other Passport Issuing Authority, Personal Particulars Form in duplicate with photos pasted should be submitted along with the passport application.
- The signature of the applicant should exactly fit in the prescribed column (35mm x 45mm). The applicant should fill the surname column and the given name column correctly.
- In the permanent address (in India) column, please ensure that there is complete postal address including pin code written legibly.
- Delivery of the serviced document would be done, preferably, to the applicant himself / herself or to the person authorized by the applicant in writing and accompanied with the official receipt given to him / her at the time of submission of the application for service.
- The scale of fee for renewal and various passport related services and all kinds of miscellaneous services on passport are prescribed by the Government of India from time to time and are subject to change.
- All applications are to be accompanied with a photocopy of the prescribed pages of the passport-first two pages, last page and the page containing valid visa. A copy of ID card / residence card also to be enclosed.
- Photographs should be in dark colour, against white background and should be of the size of 35mm x 45mm. Photograph should have a frontal view, with both ears and chin to forehead being visible. Eyes should be open. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown. The expression on the face should look natural.
- It is an offence to hold more than one valid passport at a time.
- Passport Application Process
- Fees, Form, Documents Required
- FAQs on Passport
- Value Added Services
- Track My Application
- CKGS Application Centers
- Holiday List
- Oct 02, Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday / Al Hijra(Islamic New Year)
- Oct 11, Dussehra
- General Information